Can the Dallas Cowboys possibly come back from their 1-2 start?
Gloom and doom! The sky is falling! This 1-2 start means the Dallas Cowboys are destined for the dust bin of the NFL. That’s what I’ve been hearing the last few days, and I’m really starting to get sick of it.
Are there things to complain about? Sure. But come on! We’re in Week Four of a 17-week regular season. Breath, people! Let’s put it all in perspective. We can start with the …
Valid points of complaint
- Dallas is now 1-2. I think most fans would prefer them to be 3-0, or at least 2-1.
- The team is making a lot of mistakes. A plethora of mistakes. A ridiculous amount of mistakes. It’s definitely hurting the team.
- This is particularly true of the secondary. Between the penalties, and leaving opposing receivers completely open to make touchdowns, they’ve been downright dreadful at times.
- The offensive line has also been poor. Their run-blocking on Sunday against the Seattle Seahawks was particularly bad.
- Starting quarterback Dak Prescott, who for most of his career has protected the ball well, has been responsible for four turnovers in the last two games.
- All of this adds up to a team that looks poorly prepared in all sorts of ways.
But let’s put this in perspective. Context is everything.