Winter Storm Gail has arrived in New York, but it’s been storming on the Jets all season. Gang Green has three games to go in their quest for Trevor Lawrence, and the journey begins with another tough matchup in Hollywood against the Rams Sunday. Hanukkah is ending, Christmas is coming and Black Monday is less than three weeks away for Adam Gase.
To get into everything going on with the Jets right now, we bring you a brand new episode of the “Gang’s All Here” podcast with Brian Costello and me.
Gang’s All Here Opening Segment with Jake & Coz:
- I talk about hating snowstorms and Coz is excited for the snow. He will be using his snow blower for the first time in his life.
- Reacting to Trevor Lawrence’s comments on “The Dan Patrick Show.” Can the Clemson quarterback shine with the Jets? Lawrence could get a ton of endorsements playing in New York, even if he doesn’t play well.
- Adam Gase’s comments to the media about letting Christopher Johnson down. Coz says Johnson is a very supportive owner. He’s not like Jeff Wilpon or James Dolan. The key will be picking a good head coach to replace Gase.
- Jets cut kicker Sergio Castillo and sign Chase McLaughlin. Sam Ficken is off IR. Denzel Mims will be back on Sunday for the Jets.
- Previewing the Rams-Jets matchup, which is expected to be another bloodbath for the Jets. We both believe this will be a blowout to send the Jets to 0-14.
Brian’s Book: Coz tells a great story about a snowstorm in Seattle when he was covering Jets-Seahawks. Seattle had no plows. It was Mike Holmgren’s last home game. Fans were pelting Marty Lyons with snowballs and Shaun Ellis threw a snow boulder in the stands and got fined $10K.
Stump The Coz: Alex Cammarata can’t stump Coz on this Jets question with the answer being Mo Lewis, in honor of Episode 57.
You Got Mail: We answer a voicemail about who the worst player in Jets history is that Coz has seen. Christian Hackenberg? Vernon Gholston? Tajh Boyd? Covering a FXFL game in Brooklyn with Boyd and coach Marvin Jones.
Tony Richardson Interview:
13 with Chiefs and Vikings, 3 seasons with Jets (2008-2010), 1 of greatest fullbacks in NFL history, 3-time Pro Bowler, NFL 2000s All-Decade Team, Chiefs Hall of Fame
- Happy 49th Birthday T-Rich!
- Fullbacks being diminished in the NFL. Some of the great fullbacks now and when Tony played. What has happened to the position?
- Frank Gore vs. playing younger running backs. Jets brought John Connor in to play fullback alongside Tony. What’s it like when a young guy comes in trying to take your job and they want you teaching him?
- Being under-appreciated and fullbacks not really getting into the Hall of Fame. Brotherhood he built with his running backs like Thomas Jones. He is one of the strongest football players ever and a terrific teammate.
- Coaching change and what it does for a team. “It sucks.” Jets fired Eric Mangini and replaced him with Rex Ryan when Tony was there. Happened at Auburn, in Kansas City and New York.
- What happened to the Jets after that 2010 season when he retired and the Jets started losing? Jets got rid of leaders and lost their offensive line.
- His 1993 Auburn Tigers and how good that team was.
Catch up on all episodes of “Gang’s All Here,” a New York Jets podcast, by subscribing to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts. Follow Coz and Jake on Twitter @BrianCoz and @JakeBrownRadio for updates on the show. The next episode of the podcast drops on Thursday.